Wednesday, February 27, 2008

KICK GAME!

Top Star Mid "SEMI PRO" Edition


LE Uptown Daryl Dawkins "Chocolate Thunder"

My man Andrew Pitagorsky from SLAM get's a tone of cool gear sent to the office. One movement that has a special place in my heart is the return of the PONY line. Spudd Webb, Daryl Dawkins, David Thompson and a ton of other NBA cats rocked back in the day.

Today, PONY is working towards a new movement both in foot fashion and athletic shoes. They signed Wilson Chandler from the Knicks, but since he hasn't played as much as everyone expected, they've had limited reach with him. However, their casual kicks are surely dope and a nice alternative to low-key shoes everyone is already wearing. Their basketball kicks are dope and rumors floating around tell me they are ready to make a big push into the hoops market. I've already gotten good feedback about their PONY QUIX from some of my friends who play serious ball.

Above are some new kicks they are pushing now and have been pushing for a minute.

1 comment:

alphabetgun said...

I'm not a big Pony guy (the Quix look too much like those light-up BK things they used to give away to the losers on Nickelodean game shows), but I've always been a fan of the Uptown Daryls and love the mock-ups above them. Just cut it with the straight Quix stuff and they're a decent And1 competitor.