Tuesday, March 27, 2007



GOD SHAMMGOD:
HE WILL CRACK YOU

Found this old video of God ShamMgod busting ankles during tournement time. He's been on my mind for a while. Every year around tourney time I think of five guys I totally forget the rest of the year. Shammgod is different though. I remember his moves off the dribble so vividly. My boss, Jermaine Hall, went to high school with Shamm at La Salle for a minute. Alan Paul, big contributor to SLAM over the years, wrote about the former Providence point guard's post-NBA journey for the SLAM website:

http://slamonline.com/online/2006/11/chinese-hoops-report/

Shammgod is overseas now but, he signed with the Portland team in the IBL, a new American pro spring league. Last summer he showed up at KINGDOME and a thick crowd cheered on as the Brooklyn native took few prisoners. He is a full-blown playground legend.

No comments: